Week of October 11, 2021
Make a Monetary Donation by Venmo!
6th Annual Toys for Tots Drive
This year marks the 6th Annual Toys for Tots Drive sponsored by the Nashua Teachers' Union. The blue bins will return for drop off at your school/office. We will continue to have a drop off for new, unwrapped toys at the Union Office. We will continue to accept monetary donations. We will take all donations and purchase toys to donate to our drive or donate it directly to the local campaign here in Hillsborough County. Blue bins will appear in your schools the week of November 1st and we collect items through Thursday, December 2nd.
We will also accept donations by check. Make checks payable to the Nashua Teachers' Union and send to:
Nashua Teachers' Union
Toys for Tots Drive
7C Taggart Drive
Nashua, NH 03060
Know Your Contract
Now, more than ever, our personal and sick time are very valuable. All four contracts have language about using personal days. The language lists specific reasons when you can take a personal day as well as how much notice you need to give to use one outside of an emergency. Please make sure you are following your contract when you are using your personal days. A few people have misused their time, talked and posted about it, and then faced discipline for that misuse. If you have specific questions about using your time, please contact your building representative, an officer, or the Union Office.
Divisive Concepts Town Hall
Happening This Thursday!
Thursday, October 14th at 4:30pm
AFT-NH will be hosting a virtual Town Hall on the Divisive Concepts Law. We will have national as well as state experts on where the controversy came from, what the law and guidance say and what your rights and responsibilities are as an educator. There will be a chance to ask questions as well as share what you are seeing in your schools.
AFT President Randi Weingarten will be speaking at the Town Hall as well as AFT Chief Legal Counsel David Strom.
Advance registration is required by October 14th at 12:00pm for this webinar:
Click here for the latest from NTU COPE
Next COPE Meeting: To Be Scheduled
Rally for Education
Monday, November 1st 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- October 11th
- No School; Columbus Day
- October 12th
- October 14th
- AFT-NH Divisive Concepts Town Hall, 4:30pm, via Zoom
- BOE Finance and Operations Committee, 6:00pm, Nashua High School North (agenda)
- October 18th
- Internal Food Service Negotiations, 2:00pm, via Zoom
- BOE Curriculum and Evaluation Committee, 6:00pm, Nashua High School North
- October 19th
- Executive Board/Superintendent Meeting, 4:00pm, Central Office
- BOE Policy Committee, 6:00pm, Nashua High School North
- October 20th
- Early Release
- October 21st
- Food Service Negotiations, 2:00pm, via Zoom
- October 25th
- BOE Human Resources Committee, 5:30pm, Nashua High School North (agenda)
- Board of Education, 6:00pm, Nashua High School North (agenda)
- October 26th
- NTU President/Superintendent Meeting, 9:00am, Central Office
- October 31st
- Happy Halloween!