Positions Open for the 2019 Nashua Teachers' Union General Election
Duties for Executive Board and Representatives
Candidate Profile for the Executive Board Positions
a. The Election Committee will be composed of five (5) members. Due consideration shall be made to maintain representation from all units. No committee member will be a candidate for office.
b. Duties shall be to:
1. Set an election date and set forth the rules of conduct and procedures for said election, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
2. Approve nomination petitions of potential Executive Board candidates. Nomination petitions must be signed by at least 20 members if said candidates are to be placed on the election ballot.
3. Publish, prior to the election, a profile of each Executive Board candidate.
4. Prepare official ballots and distribute them to Building Representatives for distribution to all members.
5. Tabulate all results and forward them to the President who will be responsible for the publication of the results.
For more information please contact Terry Freeman, NTU Office Manager.
NASHUA TEACHERS’ UNION ELECTION NOTICE
For the Executive Board
According to the terms of the Constitution of the Nashua Teachers' Union, elections for the Executive Board positions of Vice President, Treasurer, and 2 Member-At-Large positions will be held on May 21, 2019. If you are interested in running for an Executive Board position, you must submit a petition with 20 signatures of NTU members in good standing for officer nomination and profile datasheet to the NTU office no later than NOON on April 12, 2019.
For Building and Unit Representatives
Elections for Representatives of the Board of Directors (also eligible for convention delegate to AFT National and/or AFT-NH and/or AFL-CIO Conventions) will also be held on May 21, 2019. If you are interested in representing your School or Unit on the Board of Directors, please submit your name only (no petition required) to
Terry Freeman at the NTU via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than NOON on April 12, 2019.